Reports to: General Manager/Department Manager
Our mission is to provide an innovative and entertaining dining experience, which will compel our guests to become raving fans and create brand loyalty. Join us as a guest, leave as a friend. Line cooks are responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according company recipes and specifications. Kitchens can be hot, noisy and stressful places, so you will need to be able to work efficiently and quickly to be successful as a line cook.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adherance to attendance policy and procedural compliance.
- Preparation of lunch/dinner menu items, amount of prep, quality of product and cleanliness of area. Stay abreast of specials (checking in with Kitchen Manager)
- Maintain a friendly and pleasant attitude.
- Stock food products/equipment needed for station. Clean, set and prepare service area 15 minutes prior to service to ensure the station is totally equipped for service.
- Avoid leaving the station during peak periods.
- Follow sanitation and safety procedures.
- Adhere to Recipe at all times.
- Responsible for the quality of product served as recipes and spec sheets.
- Maintains good cleaning habits in area of assignment, including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, tilt skillets, sauté burners, convection oven, flat-top, range and refrigeration equipment.
- Attend mandatory/ scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestion for improvement.
- Maintains positive communication with fellow Team Members.
- Make certain all products needed to assure a smooth service period are well stocked.
- Rotate all perishable products properly.
- When closing, close properly following the checklist for your station. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Keep a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Check with supervisor on duty regarding condition of station at end of shift.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager/general manager/shift supervisor.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant hospitality and fully engaged, service minded attitude
- Food Safety certification, as state law requires
- Good hearing for safety and accurate communication (with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Basic computer usage skills
- Must possess valid food safety certification or any other food/alcohol certification if required by state law
- Compliance with our dress and appearance policy including black slip resistant shoes
- Ability to pass general information and departmental tests (test score of 90% or higher)
- Prolonged periods walking or standing
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 50 pounds at a time
This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.