Reports to: General Manager/Director of Operations/Executive VP Operations
Our mission is to provide an innovative and entertaining dining experience which will compel our guests to become raving fans and create brand loyalty. Join us as a guest, leave as a friend. The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant. Responsible for teaching, training, and leading all Team Members and working with entire management staff. Must coach, counsel, and develop Team Members to maximize sales and profitability, control expenses, meet budgetary constraints, handle Guest complaints, and ensure sanitation, safety and food quality. The Restaurant Manager is a champion of our 1-4-7 Mission and is expected to consistently model the behavior expected of a leader.
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic restaurant hospitality and fully engaged, service minded attitude
- Able to stand for 10 hours
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Good hearing for safety and accurate communication (with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Basic computer usage skills, proficient with Microsoft Office
- This position requires regular attendance
- The ability to work 55 hours per week is required
- Requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must possess valid Manager food safety certification or any other food/alcohol certification if required by state law
- Compliance with our dress and appearance policy including black slip resistant shoes
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- This position requires attendance as scheduled.
- Ensure each guest receives excellent service by leading and modeling Our 1-4-7 Mission.
- Is a great Steward and Champion in assuring each Team Member is On Boarded correctly thru a proper Orientation and receives thorough training in Our 1-4-7 Mission.
- Recruit, train, develop, and communicate through consistent daily interactions and weekly meetings with all Managers and Team Members.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hour regulations and restaurant filing responsibilities.
- Responsible for all FOH and HOH results based on specific AOR.
- Complete One on One quarterly reviews with Team Members using SMART Goals. Review and implement development plans.
- Reinforce Team Members’ skills and leadership behaviors.
- Identify strategies to retain the best Team Members.
- Write and manage Team Member schedules.
- Control receiving and inventory levels and report all concerns to the GM
- Create and delegate daily goals and tasks and ensure completion through consistent follow-up.
- Monitor sales performance to ensure proper scheduling and staffing while developing strategies to meet sales goals.
- Responsible and accountable for key results to include food cost, inventory levels, utility usage and Health Department ratings.
- Verify all food and LBW recipes are adhered to.
- Conduct initial interviews with potential hires and make recommendations on candidates to move forward in the interviewing process.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hour regulations, and restaurant filing responsibilities.
- Control funds, bank deposits.
- Ensure all equipment is in good repair.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the supervision and development of their Team Members and responsible for ensuring that each person is treated with dignity and respect. The Restaurant Manager reports directly to the General Manager, Director of Operations and Executive VP of Operations.